Oakdale Rugby Club
SAFEGUARDING VULNERABLE PEOPLE POLICY June 2015 Child Pr Note (the Procedures and Policies of the Oakdale Rugby Minis, Junior and Community Sections are in keeping with the below)
1. Oakdale Rugby Football Club acknowledges its responsibility to exercise appropriate care so as to protect all children and vulnerable adults involved in Oakdale Rugby Football Club from harm.
2. Oakdale RFC confirms that its policy is to adhere to the Welsh Rugby Football Unions Safeguarding Policy and its procedures, practices and guidelines. It endorses Policy Statement contained in that document.
3. A child is anyone under the age of 18 engaged in any rugby union activity. Where a 17 year old player participates in the adult game it is essential that reasonable precautions are taken to ensure that players safety and wellbeing.
4. The Key Principles of the WRU Safeguarding Vulnerable People Policy are that:
The safety and welfare of children and vulnerable adults is, and must always be, paramount to any other considerations.
All participants regardless of age, gender, ability or disability, race, faith, culture, size, shape, language or sexual identity have an equal right to protection from abuse or harm.
All allegations or suspicions of abuse, neglect, harm and poor practice will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly, fairly and appropriately.
Working in partnership with other organisations and services, statutory agencies, parents, carers, children and vulnerable people is essential for the welfare of children and vulnerable people.
Children have a right to expect their participation in rugby union to be coached, managed, officiated and serviced by appropriately recruited, vetted and managed adults.
5. Oakdale RFC recognises its responsibility to take care so as to give children a safe, positive and enjoyable environment where their protection from abuse, neglect, harm and poor practice from within the sport of rugby is a priority. Achieving and sustaining that environment is the responsibility of everyone involved, in whatever capacity, at the Club.
6. Oakdale RFC will continue to publicise and implement the WRU Code of Conduct and the Codes of Conduct for Coaches, Spectators and Officials together with the Club Photographic Policy as set out in the Club welcome pack and on the website.
7. Oakdale RFC will endeavour to comply with the Guidance for Websites as set out on the WRU website.
8. The Junior Section Safeguarding Officer is Hayley Gregory. If you witness or are aware of an incident where the safety or welfare of a child or vulnerable adult has been put at risk you must in the first instance inform the Safeguarding Officer who will then inform the Constituent Body (CB) Safeguarding Manager and the WRU Safeguarding Executive. If the incident involved the Club Safeguarding Officer you must inform the Junior Section Chair, who will in turn inform the CB Safeguarding Manager and the WRU Safeguarding Executive. The CB is Caerphilly Borough Council.
9. All members of Oakdale RFC having regular supervisory contact with children or a management responsibility for those working with children must undertake a WRU Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau disclosure
10. Oakdale RFC expects all its members and volunteers, whether they are coaches, parents, players or officials to comply with the relevant WRU guidance. In particular, the following are NOT acceptable. They will be treated seriously by the Club and may result in disciplinary and other action being taken by the Club, the CB or the WRU:
- Working alone with a child, children, vulnerable adult, or adults.
- Consuming alcohol whilst responsible for children or vulnerable adults.
- Providing alcohol to children or allowing its supply.
- Smoking in the presence of children.
- Humiliating children or vulnerable adults.
- Physical contact with a child or vulnerable adult outside the scope permitted by the Codes ..referred to at 6 above.
- Having an intimate or sexual relationship with any child or vulnerable adult developed as a ..result of being in a “position of trust.'
- Making sexually explicit comments to or sharing sexually explicit material with children.
11. Oakdale RFC manages the changing facilities in conjunction with Caerphilly County Borough Council and arranges for them to be supervised by two adults (WRU CRB checked) of the appropriate gender for the players using the facilities. Oakdale RFC takes steps to make all its coaches, parents, officials and spectators aware that, adults must not use these facilities at the same time as children or vulnerable adults.
12. Oakdale RFC seeks to ensure that its coaches and team managers receive the support and training appropriate to their position and role. The WRU Rugby Pathways Minis to Millennium Policy has been adopted and circulated amongst the club workforce both, voluntary and paid.
13. Any events held by Oakdale RFC on Oakdale RFC premises must comply with this Policy. If appropriate a Safeguarding Plan will be discussed and circulated to those affected. Any tours, overseas or domestic, undertaken by Oakdale RFC must comply with this Policy and WRU Regulations and Guidance relating to young players tours.
The Committee of Oakdale Rugby Club
Please wait as the server processes your request. Do not attempt to refresh the page.